Friday, June 19, 2009

David is home!

We brought David home yesterday afternoon at 4pm!  It was so wonderful.  He looked so tiny in his car seat and slept all the way home.  When we got there, aunt Martha was waiting!  What a wonderful homecoming.  I was excited to see the nursery that Martha, Denise, and my mom had finished while I was rooming in with David.  It looks incredible!  David looks so little in his huge crib.  It is set up with a bolster pillow under one end of the mattress to elevate his head.  He has a tucker sling to keep him from sliding down (like when he was strapped on to his wedge in the NICU).  He slept like a champ!  I think he really likes his bed and his room.  I can't wait until Margot gets to come share with him.  I talked to the doctor this morning, and she said we are still on track for Margot to come home on Monday!!!

We had aunt Martha, aunt Denise, Baba, and Da over for dinner.....and they were all such good helpers.  David loves them all.  Here are some pictures from his first evening home:

David in his car seat: 
Bubba holding his "little helper":
David in his little lamb swing:
David in a bouncy seat in the nursery:
Mommy and Daddy looking in on David in his crib:

4 comments:

  1. Mary Anne--He is so beautiful! I am so happy David has come home with you at long last! Enjoy these moments at home with your little boy...I am so happy your family is finally reuniting at home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. David
    Welcome home! I am so impressed that your mommy had the time and energy to update your blog. We have been thinking about you and are going to make your mom and dad some muffins with raspberries from our garden. Love, Cheryl and Pat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome home David! I am so proud of you. You will thrive at home with mommy and daddy and Margot will get to join you soon. Love the "daddy's helper" onesie--glad to see it fits!
    You'll have to show Margot the ropes when she comes home.
    Hugs! Haley

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just a really quick note to agree with all those who say these are the cutest little bundles in the world! Off on my road trip, will check back in about 10 days - Love to all

    ReplyDelete