Monday, May 11, 2009

Mothers Day

Today was my first Mothers Day ever!  Bubba gave me some beautiful diamond earrings as a gift.  I love them and will wear them all the time.  They are perfect - right now earrings are the only jewelry I can wear due to scrub downs in the NICU.  They are the comfortable "huggy" kind of hoops, so they feel good to sleep in, etc.  Plus, they are very meaningful because there are two (two babies) and they are diamonds (the babies' birth stone).  I don't know if I'll ever take them off....

The March of Dimes hosted a Mothers Day brunch in the NICU and gave each mom a pillowcase with their kids' footprints on it.  Swoon.  They also took pictures of me with David & Margot, which I now have on display at my "pumping station" in Bubba's dressing room.

Margot broke 3 pounds!!  She is now 3 lbs, 1 oz.  I panicked when I saw her this morning because she had the nasal cannula back in her nose (they both have been breathing unassisted for a few days), but the nurse told me it's just room air going through there reminding her to breathe.  It has helped with her episodes.  David was peacefully asleep the whole time I was there.  He is now 3 lbs, 10 oz!

No comments:

Post a Comment